With summer now in full swing there is no better time to focus on yourself. Since the school year is so stressful, I like to use summer to get ahead and take advantage of all the free time I have. Here are a few things I am trying to focus on this summer!
- Working Out. I have always been active, but since summer has come around I haven’t been working out as much as I probably should be, so what do I do? I signed up for a half marathon to motivate myself and have a reason to workout.
- Learn Something New. I’m not talking about learning how to break your Netflix marathon record, I’m talking about learn something that will keep your brain working. As of right now I have a vacation to Europe planned for next summer so I’m using this summer to learn German (which is something I should have learned a long time ago since my mom’s side of the family all speak it).
- Eat Clean. Now that I’m not so buckled down and busy with school, I actually have time to do things like cook. With all this extra time to cook, there’s no excuse for me to keep eating those awful fast food burgers. Plus, it’s also cheaper to cook at home in the long run.
- Unplug. In this day and age it seems like everyone is glued to their phone 24/7, including me. This plays a big role in many aspects of your life, especially sleep, which is so important. So use this summer to kick that habit and pick up a book instead of scrolling through social media.
- Get Organized. With school being over, there’s no reason to keep all those old papers and quizzes from the past semester, so THROW THEM OUT. You will be surprised at how much space those things take up and you will feel so much better once you recycle them (don’t just throw them, save the planet please<3).
- Self Care. EXFOLIATE. MOISTURIZE. USE SUN SCREEN. JUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF ON THE INSIDE AND THE OUTSIDE.
- Wake Up Early. Sleeping in every once in a while is nice, but sleeping until 11 A.M. everyday is not all that great. I feel so much better when I wake up around 8 or 9 A.M. and realize I still have the whole day ahead of me.
- Find Your Style. During school I basically live in nothing but t-shirts and Nike shorts, so dressing cute is a very rare occasion. No, really. I looked in my closet once school was out for a cute outfit and I had NOTHING. Use the summer to show off your style and go out of your comfort zone with some pieces, you never know until you try;)