Long time no talk! I started my summer class a few weeks ago and needless to say that has been keeping me plenty busy so forgive me! Anyways, today I wanted to come on here and share my nightly (and sometimes mornings too) skincare routine since it was a routine that really worked for me. So first, let’s start with the base product that cleared up my skin a good amount…BIRTH CONTROL. Now this might not work for everyone, but the type of acne I was getting was hormonal so the birth control really helped a lot, especially with my chest and back. Next step is once I get in the shower ( I shower at night) I exfoliate my face using the St. Ives apricot scrub and right after that I use a gentle facial cleanser which is usually different every time, but right now it happens to be one by clean and clear. The next step is once I get out of the shower, I use a 100% witch hazel toner which is AMAZING, it really helps to get any leftover junk out of your face. The final step is the key to nice skin…. MOISTURIZE!! I personally use coconut oil and it really helps to hydrate my skin. That’s all there is to my skin care routine and hopefully this might help someone who has yet to find their perfect routine!
First off, I want to say congratulations to all the recent grads out there, but this post is mainly focused on the recent high school grads. Congrats, you’re done. Most of you will be going off to some sort of college this fall and will be starting a whole new chapter in life. Don’t get me wrong, graduating high school is something to be proud of, but something you will soon realize is that it’s not everything you imagined it would be. College is a whole different ball game than high school, you’re finally on your own and while at first it might be cool, you will come to realize that a part of you actually misses living at home. Another thing about college is the classes. For one, they’re harder…a lot harder. Secondly, it’s weird walking into a class of 200 people and not really knowing anybody. You will start to miss that connection you made with your teachers and classmates back in high school and how everybody knew each other. If you start to question yourself sometime throughout college wondering if you’ll ever graduate or if what you’re majoring in is actually what you want to do, don’t worry, that’s normal and you’er not alone, you’ll figure it out along the way. I guess what I’m trying to say is that going off to college will be different, it will be scary, it will be sad, but it will also be a million times better than high school. You have so much more responsibility, so much more freedom and so many more opportunities. Live it up while you’re in college because the tough stuff comes once you graduate college. Congrats again and I’ll see y’all in the real world.
With summer now in full swing there is no better time to focus on yourself. Since the school year is so stressful, I like to use summer to get ahead and take advantage of all the free time I have. Here are a few things I am trying to focus on this summer!
- Working Out. I have always been active, but since summer has come around I haven’t been working out as much as I probably should be, so what do I do? I signed up for a half marathon to motivate myself and have a reason to workout.
- Learn Something New. I’m not talking about learning how to break your Netflix marathon record, I’m talking about learn something that will keep your brain working. As of right now I have a vacation to Europe planned for next summer so I’m using this summer to learn German (which is something I should have learned a long time ago since my mom’s side of the family all speak it).
- Eat Clean. Now that I’m not so buckled down and busy with school, I actually have time to do things like cook. With all this extra time to cook, there’s no excuse for me to keep eating those awful fast food burgers. Plus, it’s also cheaper to cook at home in the long run.
- Unplug. In this day and age it seems like everyone is glued to their phone 24/7, including me. This plays a big role in many aspects of your life, especially sleep, which is so important. So use this summer to kick that habit and pick up a book instead of scrolling through social media.
- Get Organized. With school being over, there’s no reason to keep all those old papers and quizzes from the past semester, so THROW THEM OUT. You will be surprised at how much space those things take up and you will feel so much better once you recycle them (don’t just throw them, save the planet please<3).
- Self Care. EXFOLIATE. MOISTURIZE. USE SUN SCREEN. JUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF ON THE INSIDE AND THE OUTSIDE.
- Wake Up Early. Sleeping in every once in a while is nice, but sleeping until 11 A.M. everyday is not all that great. I feel so much better when I wake up around 8 or 9 A.M. and realize I still have the whole day ahead of me.
- Find Your Style. During school I basically live in nothing but t-shirts and Nike shorts, so dressing cute is a very rare occasion. No, really. I looked in my closet once school was out for a cute outfit and I had NOTHING. Use the summer to show off your style and go out of your comfort zone with some pieces, you never know until you try;)
This is the post excerpt.
Hello all! This is my first blog post so I only find it fitting to write a little about myself and why I decided to finally start a blog. My name is Kristyn Courtney, I’m 20 years old and I am currently a sophomore at Texas State University in beautiful San Marvelous, Texas. I study biology focusing on pre-med, I am in Alpha Xi Delta sorority, and I also play soccer on an intramural team with some old high school friends. I decided to start a blog mainly out of summer boredom but also because sometimes my thoughts get so lost in my head that I just need somewhere to physically put them. I thought about keeping a journal at first, but them I realized I had some pretty great advice sometimes and if I could help even one person with my past experiences then hey, why not? I will be posting frequently throughout my summer adventures so stay tuned!